Re: Dynamically linking Octave 2.1.30 with Atlas

From: Steven G. Johnson
Subject: Re: Dynamically linking Octave 2.1.30 with Atlas
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2000 15:17:15 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 3 Jul 2000, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:
> I finally tried, and failed, to build Octave using the Atlas patch posted by
> Steven in February. I didn't run this under script(1), so I don't have the
> exact error message handy -- but it had to do with the link stages of one of
> the Octave libraries.
>
> Has anybody attempted this lately?  Is the February patch still the best
> starting point?

Actually, the patch has been incorporated into the main CVS sources.  This
might be an easier starting point, so that you don't accidentally apply
the patch incorrectly (there were a couple of places where you had to be
careful to follow directions).

You have to tell us what the exact error message was for us to have any
hope of diagnosing the problem.  Please try the CVS version first, if
possible, however.

Steven