help-nano

Re: [Help-nano] How to disable syntax coloring?

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: Re: [Help-nano] How to disable syntax coloring?
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2016 10:45:36 +0100

On Wed, Feb 24, 2016, at 19:48, Earn Saengchote wrote:
> Unfortunately, making an alias only disables the syntax highlighting
> [during] a session. The syntax highlighting is still enabled if I restart
> my laptop. I cannot use the sudo command because I am on my
> university’s ssh [...]

There is a fourth solution.  Add the following two lines at the
end of your .nanorc file:

syntax "all" ".*"
color yellow "^$"

That syntax will match /all/ files, and will only
colour lines that have nothing between start and
end -- meaning that it will colour nothing.

Benno

--
http://www.fastmail.com - Faster than the air-speed velocity of an
                          unladen european swallow