help-nano

Re: [Help-nano] How to disable syntax coloring?

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: Re: [Help-nano] How to disable syntax coloring?
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2016 21:56:27 +0100

(Please keep the CC.)

On Wed, Feb 24, 2016, at 19:48, Earn Saengchote wrote:
> Unfortunately, making an alias only disables the syntax highlighting
> after a session. The syntax highlighting is still enabled if I restart my
> laptop. I cannot use the sudo command because I am on my
> university’s ssh and they do not allow users to use sudo commands.
> Is there another way around this?

Make the alias in your .bashrc or .profile after ssh'ing into
your uni's ssh account.  Then re-login, and the alias should
be always set.  You can check with 'type -a nano'.

If not, you will have to get in the habit of typing
nano --ignore or nano -I instead of plain nano.

Benno

--
http://www.fastmail.com - Access all of your messages and folders
                          wherever you are