help-nano

Re: [Help-nano] Nano syntax hilighting Bad regex

From: Chris Allegretta
Subject: Re: [Help-nano] Nano syntax hilighting Bad regex
Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2013 23:34:14 -0500

Hey Dave,

So unfortunately I think \b is even less portable than \> is.  This
problem seems to be that when we're cross compiling, the code doesn't
know whether to use the workaround I put in for Darwin, which uses a
different word boundary style ([[:<:]] and [[:>:]]) and not the
GNU-style implementation that I know and love (\< and \>).  The
re_format page claims that the Darwin version is more POSIX compliant,
I have never investigated this claim as it just doesn't seem to work
on the GNU/Linux where I develop anyway.

You may be able to work around this by replacing the following line in
config.h after running configure:
/* #undef GNU_WORDBOUNDS */

with:
#define GNU_WORDBOUNDS 1

Can you let me know if that works while I try and figure out a more
automatic solution?
Thanks much.