help-nano

Re: [Help-nano] Still struggling with backspace issue

From: David Benbennick
Subject: Re: [Help-nano] Still struggling with backspace issue
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 18:56:55 -0500 (EST)

Hi Peter,

I don't know how to fix the backspace-konsole problem yet, but I have been
able to reproduce it.  Here are some details.

I get the problem you describe with any window manager, using konsole
version 1.0.1, and not with version 0.9.11.  The problem occurs with the
current cvs version of nano 1.1.7.

When I backspace, at every multiple-of-8-column (except columns 8 and 0)
the character being deleted remains.  At the same time, the konsole writes
        undecodable token: \001b(hex)[Z
to the stdout of the xterm where it was started.  Note that the problem is
merely display: ^L will show the right text.  That is, nano still has the
right text internally.

With -DDEBUG, nano reports that it is always getting the same backspace
character,
        AHA!   (263)

Finally, I agree that pico does not have the problem.

The multiple-of-8 thing is perfectly consistent for me.  Also, it still
happens with --tabsize=3.

--- David