help-nano

Re: [Help-nano] Still struggling with backspace issue

From: Chris Allegretta
Subject: Re: [Help-nano] Still struggling with backspace issue
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 16:07:00 -0500

On Thu, Mar 28, 2002 at 01:27:23PM -0700, Peter Hutnick wrote:
> I contacted the Konsole devel guys.  Basically they disavow any
> responsibility.  I have given up on trying to straighten it out by modifying
> the keytab file.
>
> I believe that we have established that pico does not have this behavior.
>
> I'm in the akward position of being a very poor programmer, so I am not is a
> strong postion to try to track this down myself.
>
> So, I hereby place a bounty of $20 US on this "bug."  Which is to say I'll
> send 20 bucks to anyone who writes a patch that resolves this for me and gets
> it in the official (unstable or stable) tree.  I'd offer more but I'm not
> working right now.

Hi Peter,

        I share your frustration.  The fact that this only seems to
appear on Redhat-based systems and not Debian, for example, which many
of our developers use, is particularly confounding.  I have to reinstall
RedHat soon anyway because I release RPMs with each stable release, so
I'll give this another go this weekend.  If I do fix it of course I
won't expect to be paid for it :)

Chris A
--
Chris Allegretta        http://www.asty.org

"Share and Enjoy" - Douglas Adams, 1952 - 2001