Re: Tarball of make-3.81beta

From: Dave Nystrom
Subject: Re: Tarball of make-3.81beta
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 12:16:45 -0700 (MST)

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the response.  I've been reading the 3rd edition of "Managing
Projects with GNU Make" and it mentions some bugs in 3.80 which have been
corrected in 3.81.  I'm working on developing a generic multi-language
build system to use with several large projects which I've worked on in
the past and still work on from time to time.  It is kind of a hobby.
Anyway, I've been quite impressed with the capabilities added by the most
recent versions of make and want to take advantage of them.  I've been
very impressed by this book - very good explanations and examples - and
am glad it focused on GNU make instead of being more general like the
previous editions.  I've been using GNU make now for about 10 years and
have never seen any reason to waste time on vendor makes.

Anyway, if the tarball below has the fixes referred to in the Make book,
then that will be good enough for me.  If you make a newer one, then I
would like to get that as well.

I expect to be getting a new laptop in a couple of months and will be
putting a much newer version of Linux on it and so hopefully will be able
to use the CVS repository then.

Thanks,

--
Dave Nystrom