Tarball of make-3.81beta

From: William D. Nystrom
Subject: Tarball of make-3.81beta
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2005 12:30:15 -0700

I have been trying to find a tarball of the beta version of make-3.81 but have been unsuccessful. I've tried getting going with the cvs version of make but my system does not have recent enough versions of the autoconf tools. I tried building and using the 2.59 version of autoconf but am still having problems. I'm wondering how long it will take to get to the end of the process of trying to install the cvs version. So, if possible, I would like to just find a gzipped tarball of make-3.81beta but have been
unsuccessful in my web searches.

Could someone tell me where to find a gzipped tarball of make-3.81beta?

Thanks,

Dave Nystrom