Re: include question

From: Noel Yap
Subject: Re: include question
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2004 15:30:17 -0500

Dill, John wrote:

%% "Dill, John" <address@hidden> writes:

include_guard = $(if $(filter $1,$(.VARIABLES)),,$1)

Unfortunately there's a problem here: I think plain "include" with no
file after it might be considered an error.

Yep, that's true.  The other option is to include an empty dummy file.  That
could be incorporated into the include_guard.  I don't think '-' is the correct
route since I want to still have errors on bad include filenames.

If you're creating a function that'll do the include, you can use $(foreach).

Noel