Re: Recursive make problem (bug?)

From: Jason Elbaum
Subject: Re: Recursive make problem (bug?)
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 10:32:34 +0300

I've found my problem - Make was behaving correctly.

To manage the build process, I've been keeping a list of makefiles in a
variable called MAKEFILES. I never realized it was a special variable,
which functions similar to the include directive when invoking Make
recursively. As a result, the same makefile was loaded twice: once from
an include directive and once due to its appearance in MAKEFILES. This
also explains why the problem only appears when Make is invoked
recursively.

Thanks for the help.

Jason