help-gsasl

Re: win32 Visual Studio 2005 project for gsasl

From: Adam Strzelecki
Subject: Re: win32 Visual Studio 2005 project for gsasl
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 18:37:14 +0200

The gen-win32-headers.pl is GPLv3+, but libgsasl should be LGPLv2.1+.
Is it ok to use LGPLv2.1+ for it instead?  Also, I suggest adding a
statement like this after the license declaration:

# I consider the output of this program to be unrestricted.  Use it as
# you will.

Aha... gen-win32-headers.pl at libidn has also GPLv3+ header, I'm not sure how it happened to be there, but there it is.

What I did recently is I copied the gen-win32-headers.pl from libidn to gsasl, so together with the header. With my original libidn patch (last year) had this Perl without GPL header, so it has had to be added later on, so this is the "true story of GPLv3+ header of gen- win32-headers.pl" :)))

Cheers,
--
Adam Strzelecki