RE: Configuring grub2 on a backup disk

From: jackie sparks
Subject: RE: Configuring grub2 on a backup disk
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2011 21:46:27 -0400

I believe you need to look at the "set root" option

mine is

"set root='(hd0,4)'"

I think for yours it would be something like

"set root='(hd3,X)'" {where X is would be the partition number 0=sda1 1=sda2 2=sda3 and so forth

Now correct me if I'm wrong or there is more to this process. Iv never migrated my install like so. Ioperate from a laptop with only one hardrive so I just migrate data between the installs. sda1-3 are for my main encrypted install. and sda4 is used for my temp install. Then I migrate between the main and temp install back to the main install. Yeah it's a pain. But I really don't have the extra hardware to try what you are doing.

--[Witty Signature Goes Below]---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--[....]------
http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=53668912&trk=tab_pro - linked in profile
http://www.facebook.com/skrapsrwt - feel free to add me on facebook.