avoid pressing keys during bootup (solving blank screen during boot)

From: Ilias Miroslav
Subject: avoid pressing keys during bootup (solving blank screen during boot)
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2011 08:08:45 +0200

Dear experts,

I am writing you concerning the thread
http://www.mail-archive.com/address@hidden/msg00855.html.

To be able to boot I have to set
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="vga=0x037d"
in my /etc/default/grub. Otherwise the default GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT is
giving blank screen as was reported elsewhere.

However, when booting up with set "vga=...", the printing out of texts stops
("hangs") many times, and I have to press either a key, or power-up button on
my 4core AMD64.

Typical 'hanged' messages where I have to press key/button are
[.....] ehci_hcd 000.00:xx: irq XX, mem 0x.....
Anyway, messages where booting makes 'pause' are changing, in few cases I did
not have  to press anything.

Please what  /etc/default/grub parameters do I have to rune in order to avoid
key/PC switch on button pressing ?

Yours, Miro