Re: Installing gcc4.3.0 without root

From: Lionel B
Subject: Re: Installing gcc4.3.0 without root
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2008 08:04:42 +0000 (UTC)

On Sun, 06 Jul 2008 06:04:38 -0700, daviddoria wrote:

> When I run './configure' i get this error
>
> configure: error: Building GCC requires GMP 4.1+ and MPFR 2.2.1+. Try
> the --with-gmp and/or --with-mpfr options to specify their locations.
> Copies of these libraries' source code can be found at their respective
> hosting sites as well as at ftp://gcc.gnu.org/pub/gcc/infrastructure/.
> See also http://gcc.gnu.org/install/prerequisites.html for additional
> info. If you obtained GMP and/or MPFR from a vendor distribution
> package, make sure that you have installed both the libraries and the
> header files. They may be located in separate packages.
>

> so i did
> rpm -qa | grep gmp
> gmp-4.1.4-3
>
> rpm -qa | grep mpfr
> NOTHING

Is there perhaps a mpfr-devel package? (you don't say what your
(presumably Linux) distribution is.

> so this is good... I download, configure, and make mpfr in
> /home/dave/mpfr

Did you do a `make install' too? How did you configure mpfr? If you want
to install mpfr in /home/dave/mpfr you would likely want to configure it
with `--prefix=/home/dave/mpfr' (or some such) then `make' then `make
install'

--
Lionel B