help-gnustep

Re: Problem with libxml2

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: Problem with libxml2
Date: Sat, 02 Mar 2002 10:20:40 -0700

I installed libxml2-devel-2.4.0 on my (updated beyond all recognition) Mandrake
7.2 box
the other day before building core.20020301, saw the build, via compile-all, go
without
a visible hitch. I then attempted to start a *.app via a WindowMaker appicon.

I think you need both libxml2 and libxml2-devel. The devel package includes the configure script for xml, but the libxml2 package contains the actual shared library.

--
Adam Fedor, Digital Optics Corp.      | I'm glad I hate spinach, because
http://www.doc.com                    | if I didn't, I'd eat it, and you