help-gnucap

Re: [Help-gnucap] Error in ngspice17-models compiling

From: al davis
Subject: Re: [Help-gnucap] Error in ngspice17-models compiling
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 04:28:00 -0400

On Thursday 29 March 2007 01:08, Jorge Ernesto Guevara Cuenca
wrote:
> I try to compile the ngspice17 models for the latest gnucap
> development snapshot and obtain errors. The output of errors
> is attached.
>
> The first error's line says    ../Include/wrapper.cc:43:21:
> error: u_limit.h: No such file or directory and I can't find
> that.
>
> What can i do? I have to download the ngspice source?

No.

The easiest way to fix it is to move it into the gnucap source
tree.

From where you unpacked, assuming you have "gnucap-2007-02-21"
and "plugins" ......do this "mv plugins gnucap-2007-02-21"

Or, you can modify the file "Make2", line "GNUCAP_INCLUDES" to
point to the gnucap source directory, which is where the
includes are.

This is a development snapshot, so prepare for surprises.
Not all of the models work.

There will be a new development snapshot in a day or two, with
some bug fixes, mostly relating to spice plugins, and hopefully
at least partially fixing some things like how the plugins find
the includes.

The "ngspice17-models" tarball is intended for use if you really
want the exact models that are in ngspice.  If you want a BSIM
model, you are better off with the "bsim-models" tarball.

Eventually, before the next "stable" release, you will need
to "install" gnucap, which will put he includes in a public
place, before you can compile the plugins.  The intent is that
gnucap will compile it for you, so you won't have to compile
plugins when you install.  It's not there yet.