help-gnu-radius

Re: [Help-gnu-radius] Accounting? (Nearly there!)

From: Sergey Poznyakoff
Subject: Re: [Help-gnu-radius] Accounting? (Nearly there!)
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2003 02:24:18 +0200

Greg,

> radtest doesn't seem to want to send an accounting request.  If I
> feed this:
> send acct 1 Acct-Status-Type = Start \

The number after acct is the request coder: '1' is authentication
request, '4' is accounting request (see RFC 2865). The same goes for
'expect' statement: the reply code should be 5, not 2.
The correct statement is:

send acct 4 Acct-Status-Type = Start \
        User-Name = ggersh \
        Acct-Session-Id = "10" \
        NAS-IP-Address = 166.82.1.200 \
        NAS-Port-Id = "5555"
expect 5

(See radiusd/testsuite/radiusd/radiusd.exp for more examples).

Regards,
Sergey