help-gnu-music

clef sign colliding with beam

From: Michael Vanier
Subject: clef sign colliding with beam
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2001 22:58:12 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

I have a piece of music where a clef change happens in the middle of a
group of sixteenth notes connected by a beam:

    [ g,16 \clef treble; g' f e ]

Lilypond typesets it correctly, but the treble clef sign collides with the
beam connecting the 16th notes.  After much experimentation, I found that

    \property Voice.Stem \override #'length = #12

will increase the length of the note stems to the necessary length.
However, this only happens if I don't beam the notes e.g.

    g,16 \clef treble; g' f e  % no []

The process of beaming the notes apparently nullifies the override
directive.  Is there a way to prevent this from happening?

On a side note, it would be really helpful if there was a master list of
class properties like this (Voice.Stem -> length, etc. etc.).

Thanks,

Mike