help-gnu-music

Macro definitions and Scheme

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Macro definitions and Scheme
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2000 00:05:53 +0100

I did some experiments using the new font selection mechanism
when typesetting figured bass, especially to access the
accidentals form the feta font.
This works well and I can do, for example,
c^\textscript #'(music (named "accidentals-1"))
to typeset a sharp above the note. I also defined
a macro as a shorthand:
sharp = \textscript #'(music (named "accidentals-1"))

However, often I want to typeset "#6" (for a raised 6)
or some other combination of numbers and accidentals.
Now comes the problem I haven't been able to solve:
Is it possible to device a "macro" of some kind that
can be used as a shorthand in
c^\textscript #'(rows (music (named "accidentals-1")) "6")

If I make a Lilypond definition,
sharpscm = #'(music (named "accidentals-1"))
and try #'(rows \sharpscm "6")
the Guile parser will treat \sharpscm as any symbol,
if I make a scheme definition,
#(define shscm '(music (named "accidentals-1")))
I have still not found any way to make the Guile
parser evaluate the symbol shscm when it reads the
list which later is interpreted in text-item.cc.

Is there some solution I haven't found or is it
a collision between the two languages Lilypond and
Scheme that's hard to resolve?

   /Mats