Re: 1L?

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: 1L?
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2019 17:50:57 +0100

Stefan Monnier wrote:

>> I am unfamiliar with the term "1L", and
>> Google wasn't much help. What does it mean
>> beyond "one liter"?
>
> I think he meant just that: one liter, i.e.
> an approximate upper limit on the size of
> the machine.

Shouldn't *all* "1L machines" run Emacs
just fine?

I have an RPi3 from 2015 and it runs Emacs as
I'm typing this, and not only Emacs but the
familiar Raspbian OS, which is "Debian for the
RPi", but not exactly the real McCoy, so for
really exotic projects, I'd recommend a vanilla
Debian box with all the fixings.

Anyway the RPi, even including the case, should
be way below the 1L constraint so I'd expect
any machine significantly bigger that that to
at the very least run or favorite editor/OS
with no problems.

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573