Re: emacs stackexchange beta site

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: emacs stackexchange beta site
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2014 21:06:20 +0200

Tom <adatgyujto@gmail.com> writes:

> Exactly. Even today one has

One doesn't have to do anything - it is voluntary!

> to follow the emacs tag on stackexchange to get
> notified of emacs questions on the different sites
> (SO, Tex, SU, etc.):

So that will be easier when every thing will be on one
site.

About the tags, we should remember the Emacs tag will
remain on those other sites - as for the Emacs site,
the tag system will be much more elaborate for
Emacs-specifics: there will be one Gnus tag, one
emacs-w3m tag, one Elisp tag, and so one.

It will be much better for the "follower" and it will
be PR not just for Emacs but for all those modules as
well.

> http://stackexchange.com/filters/19474/emacs-questions
>
> Adding an emacs SX site just adds one more site to
> monitor, because I guess it won't be forbiden to ask
> an emacs question on superuser or tex in the future.

It won't be. And people will still do it. If it relates
only to Emacs and nothing whatsoever to for example
TeX, the question will be moved from that site to the
Emacs site. The user will thus be notified of that
site's existence.

--
underground experts united