Re: emacs stackexchange beta site

From: Tom
Subject: Re: emacs stackexchange beta site
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2014 13:34:45 +0000 (UTC)

Stefan Monnier <monnier <at> iro.umontreal.ca> writes:

> > definitely see the advantages. It is PR for the editor.
>
> The announcement of the existence of this SE site is indeed PR for Emacs.
> Discussing such things there instead of discussing it in SO, on the
> other hand, is more like moving those discussions to a private room.
> Not clear it's a win overall.

Exactly. Even today one has to follow the emacs tag on
stackexchange to get notified of emacs questions on the different
sites (SO, Tex, SU, etc.):

http://stackexchange.com/filters/19474/emacs-questions

Adding an emacs SX site just adds one more site to monitor,
because I guess it won't be forbiden to ask an emacs question
on superuser or tex in the future.