Re: global-set-key [?\ M-ö]

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: global-set-key [?\ M-ö]
Date: Sat, 24 May 2003 12:16:12 +0300

> From: Martin aus Chemnitz <MartinAusChemnitz@gmx.net>
> Newsgroups: gnu.emacs.help
> Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 08:41:22 +0100
>
> It wasn't this bug, but your recent posting quickly led me to the
> solution:
>   ;-*-unibyte: t;-*-
>
> I would suggest that an appropriate note should be added to the FAQ
> question
>   10.3 Why doesn't this [terminal or window-system setup] code work
>   in my `.emacs' file, but it works just fine after Emacs starts up?

The Emacs manual already suggests to put -*-unibyte: t-*- cookie into
your .emacs if it binds commands to non-ASCII keys; see the node
"Non-ASCII Rebinding".  Using the wonderful `i' command, I typed the
following in the *info* buffer:

        i non-ascii keys RET

and was immediately placed in that section of the manual.  Given this,
why would one want to search the humongously large FAQ instead?