Re: global-set-key [?\ M-ö]

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: global-set-key [?\ M-ö]
Date: Sat, 24 May 2003 12:18:47 +0300

> From: Martin aus Chemnitz <MartinAusChemnitz@gmx.net>
> Newsgroups: gnu.emacs.help
> Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 20:01:34 +0100
>
> > Can you try to set LANG to de_DE for example ?
>
> Tell me how!

Set the environment variable LANG to the string "de_DE" (omitting the
quotes).  For Windows 9x, I think the usual way is to add to your
AUTOEXEC.BAT the appropriate SET commands.

However, I vaguely remember that the Windows port of Emacs already
converts the Windows locales to the appropriate Emacs locales, so I
don't think this will help you solve your problem.  It doesn't do any
harm to try, though.