help-gnats

Re: Help on gnats web interface

From: Yngve Svendsen
Subject: Re: Help on gnats web interface
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 13:42:04 +0100

At 14:24 19.12.2002 +0530, Chandra Ramesh wrote:

Hello,

         I have a RED HAT LINUX 7.3. I downloaded the gnats from the site.
        Gnats version downloaded is:gnats-3.999.2.tar.
I extracted this and installed it on the machine running red hat linux 7.3. Then I downloaded the webinterface of Gnats: gnatsweb-2.9.3.tar. This too I extracted and then configured the apache web server. But if I try to run the web interface from a client
        machine (WINDOWS 2000), I am getting the following error:

Note that Gnatsweb 2.9.3 does not work with GNATS 3.99.x / 4.0. You need to use the Gnatsweb version located in the contrib directory of the Gnats 3.999.2 distribution.

Anyway, it does look like the GNATS network daemon isn't starting properly, so something seems to be wrong with the GNATS installation itself. You may need to check that your inetd.conf settings are correct and that you have restarted inetd after editing the config file. Also have a look at the TROUBLESHOOTING document of the Gnatsweb distribution.

Try as many things as you can yourself. If you get stuck, submit a summary of your findings to the mailing list, and you're likely to get help.

Yngve Svendsen
Gnatsweb maintainer