help-gnats

Re: Subject header matching--once again

From: Yngve Svendsen
Subject: Re: Subject header matching--once again
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 15:25:24 +0100

At 23:19 01.12.2002 +0100, Lars Henriksen wrote:
A patch follows that includes an update to the documentation. The feature
is mentioned a couple of times in passing in 'Keeping Track'. I think it
deserves a (sub)section of its own and have inserted one called 'Following up
via direct email' in the 'Editing existing Problem Reports' section of 'The
GNATS User Tools' chapter. I have also corrected a couple of minor errors
that I ran across.

The regular expression used for matching the Subject line appears in the code
as

whereas the documentation has

I have committed the documentation changes. I kept the second regexp form listed below. That isn't consistent with the code as it is now, but I trust that your patch fixing matching behaviour gets committed soon (I'll leave it to Andrew to look it over), and I also trust that Mel's patch gets committed in some form or another soon. Meeeeeeeeel?

- Yngve