Re: [Help-glpk] compilation problem in ns3

From: Ali Marandi
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] compilation problem in ns3
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2015 12:49:03 +0100

Andrew,

Thanks. But as I mentioned before, I am not using gcc !. I am compiling with waf. But apart from this, you mean there is no way to have the definition of some of the methods (the ones I have used in my code), in some files ???. This is really strange.

On Fri, Nov 27, 2015 at 2:34 PM, Andrew Makhorin <address@hidden> wrote:

> I went through the manual of ns-3 so as to create a new module.
> Typically, when we need to create a module, it is required to have two
> files, i.e. one header file (extension .h) and another file which
> defines the methods declared in the header file (extension .cc).
>
> Based on the above argument, when I need to create the module "Glpk",
> I do have the first file (glpk.h). However, I cannot find some file
> (e.g. glpk.cc) which implements the methods declared in the glpk.h
> (e.g. glp_create_prob). Could you please give me some valuable
> guidance on how to deal with this ?

Glpk is written in ANSI C89, not in C++.

To build glpk you need to compile all .c files in directory src and its
subdirectories (see src/Makefile.am), and gather all .o files produced
by the C compiler in an object library archive.