Re: [Help-glpk] [Fwd: Read Excel data into subscripted set]

From: Zed2k
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] [Fwd: Read Excel data into subscripted set]
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2012 13:19:59 +0100

Xypron:
That was the only way I saw, after failing to read 2-dimensional data. So I already did it that way, but thank you for your help! Unfortunately I have a kind of adjacency matrix, which is already as 2D-table not very comfortable to read. But as a list it gets even worse. ;) Alongside to my initial question: I know there is a way to read a list from Excel and fill the elements of the key column into a set. But, is there also a way to read two key columns, where the first consists of elements of a set (let's call them element e1 from set S1) and fill a subscripted set with the elements of the second column (let's call them e2, e3, ... so that S2[e1] := e2, e3, ...)? I get the error messange, that "S2 is not a parameter". I guess, there is no hidden feature supporting this, is there?

Andrew:
SolverStudio looks really nice. I will give it a try, if I keep handling the data with Excel.. But at first sight, it looks you've did a great job with this. Thank you!