[Help-glpk] Conversion of AMPL model defect #1

From: Harley Mackenzie
Subject: [Help-glpk] Conversion of AMPL model defect #1
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2012 20:20:15 +1000

I am presently working on converting a large AMPL/CPLEX model so I can
learn how the model works and also to compare the execution times with
CPLEX. I have managed to fix most of the obvious problems but I have a
couple of issues that I need to ask for help from the GLPK experts.

The first one is a syntactical one:

Here is the AMPL code:

var BP >= 0;
BP  = sum {t in DAYS, Cid in BANKING_CONTRACTS} (DBQ[t,Cid] +
DWQ[t,Cid]) * 0.0001

This code fails with "BP multiply declared" error.

I thought it may have been an AMPL defined variable but I have tried a
number of different formulations using the WikiBook as a guide but
havent had any success.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Harley