[Help-glpk] MathProg: trigonometric

From: Grégoire Verlut
Subject: [Help-glpk] MathProg: trigonometric
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 13:18:39 +0200

Hello,

I'm beginning with MILP, and I'd rather use MathProg than AMPL.

In my model I need the cos() and sin() functions, and in the MathProg
documentation, there is nothing about them.
Here are the 2 lines I want to "translate" from AMPL to MathProg (as I started
with AMPL)

param vector_x{i in 1..nl} = cos( 2*pi*i/nl);
param vector_y{i in 1..nl} = sin( 2*pi*i/nl);

where pi and nl are parameter too.

So my question is:
will the trigonometric function be implemented in the next version of MathProg
or will they never be there for any reason ?

thanks a lot

Grégoire