[Help-glpk] PATCH: remove spurious "zero element not allowed" errors

From: Steven G. Johnson
Subject: [Help-glpk] PATCH: remove spurious "zero element not allowed" errors
Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 15:16:47 -0400

I've just begun using GLPK (version 4.8), and I notice that you give a "zero element not allowed" in glplpx1.c if lpx_set_mat_row, etcetera are called with some zero matrix entries.

In many cases, however, it is convenient for the user not to have to check whether a matrix element is zero before calling GLPK, and it seems to me that this error is unnecessary. In particular, inside lpx_set_mat_row etcetera you could simply check for zero matrix elements and skip them.

I've attached a patch to accomplish this.

Cordially,
Steven G. Johnson