Re[2]: [Help-glpk] compile glpk in C++ using VC.NET

From: Andrew Makhorin
Subject: Re[2]: [Help-glpk] compile glpk in C++ using VC.NET
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 20:03:06 +0400

>Right now, I am learning glpk especially the branch and bound
>procedures.  I would like to learn the data structure of MIP tree and
>maybe do some modification later.  With a static lib such as glpk.lib,
>my debugger will not get into the library source code so I can not trace
>the logic of glpk.  I am not the person who can read the code and knows
>what going on.  I need to see the real action with examples.  That's why
>I convert all .c files to .cpp files.

Take the file w32vc6.mak and specify a debugging option in the line
`CFLAGS = ...' (sorry, I cannot recall which one; just run cl without
arguments and it will display all its available options). Then compile
the package with nmake as usual. This will include debugging information
into the object code and allow you seeing the source code of all glpk
routines within the debugger.