Re: [Help-glpk] MILPTestKit release information

From: Vasily Zatsepin
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] MILPTestKit release information
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2004 23:36:30 +0300

On Sat, 24 Jul 2004 02:51:58 +0400, Andrew Makhorin wrote:

>> I've just uploaded a kit for testing MILP solvers based on MIPLIB 3.0
>> set (1996 version) to http://Zwb2.narod.ru/OR/MILPTestKit.zip .
>> Archive size is about 44 Kbytes. MIPLIB 3.0 you should download
>> yourself from Rice University site.

> Thank you very much. I'd like to say, however, that glpsol is able to
> solve some instances marked as "unsolved" (rentacar.mps, vpm1.mps, and
> vpm2.mps; all from miplib3).

Oops! I'm going to check it right n... after my vacation :).
BTW, "air05", "cap6000", "donoint", "fiber", "mitre", "mod011" and "qiu"
were solved myself with v.4.0 too. The shortest run time from them had
"fiber" - 57m on 1.8 GHz stone, so on my home PC I must run it
over night...
What are solution times for those triple?

> Btw, it is interesting to note that the authors of miplib did not
> include in 3.0 exactly those mip's from the previous version of the
> library which all can be solved by glpsol within several minutes :+)
> And all mip's from miplib2003 seems to be absolutely intractable for
> the branch-and-bound.

The world of MIP moves to more weird stuff :) Have attempted now to look
in MIPLIB 2003 on ZIB site but without success - it seems the guys are
on vacation too... IMHO there are something like "air05" in the library.
So everything isn't so bad :)

Regards,
- --
Vasily Zatsepin           |        mailto: address@hidden