Re: [Help-glpk] MILPTestKit release information

From: Andrew Makhorin
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] MILPTestKit release information
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2004 02:51:58 +0400

>I've just uploaded a kit for testing MILP solvers based on MIPLIB 3.0
>set (1996 version) to http://Zwb2.narod.ru/OR/MILPTestKit.zip .
>Archive size is about 44 Kbytes. MIPLIB 3.0 you should download
>yourself from Rice University site.

Thank you very much. I'd like to say, however, that glpsol is able to
solve some instances marked as "unsolved" (rentacar.mps, vpm1.mps, and
vpm2.mps; all from miplib3).

Btw, it is interesting to note that the authors of miplib did not
include in 3.0 exactly those mip's from the previous version of the
library which all can be solved by glpsol within several minutes :+)
And all mip's from miplib2003 seems to be absolutely intractable for
the branch-and-bound.

Andrew Makhorin