Re[2]: [Help-glpk] what is the prototype for lpx_integer?

From: Andrew Makhorin
Subject: Re[2]: [Help-glpk] what is the prototype for lpx_integer?
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2004 17:23:12 +0400

>Thank you for your response. I'm
>a little confused with the reference manual for lpx_set_col_stat. If
>my problem has 3 structural values, x1, x2, and x3, and I want to start
>the search at the point x1=10, x2=0, x3=4, for instance, how is this done?

Only primal values at a starting point is useless information for the
simplex method. To specify a starting basis you need to know which rows
and columns are basic and which are non-basic, i.e. which constraints
are active and which are not. In principle, it is possible to recover
corresponding basic solution for a given starting point (using so called
crossover procedure), however, in general case, if dual values (i.e.
Lagrange multipliers) are not specified at the same point, recovering
basis is as hard as solving lp from the very beginning.

Andrew Makhorin