[Help-glpk] About int lpx_simplex(LPX *lp) method

From: Shubhashis Ghosh
Subject: [Help-glpk] About int lpx_simplex(LPX *lp) method
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 11:55:57 -0600 (MDT)

Hi,
        Can somebody let me know the answer of the following question?

In GLPK version 4.0 reference manual page 34, it has been stated that

"Note that the simplex solver implemented in GLPK is not perfect. Although
it has been successfully tested on a wide set of LP problems, there are
hard problems, which can't be solved by this solver."

My question is why GLPK is not perfect? Is it just for large size problem?
or for rounding errors?
or...?

How much robust and reliable GLPK is?

-Shubhashis