[Help-glpk] Re: GLPK Parameter Variations

From: Andrew Makhorin
Subject: [Help-glpk] Re: GLPK Parameter Variations
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2003 20:37:39 +0400

>I am using glpk to read MathProg model files via lpx_read_model.
>I would like to read the model/data once from the file, then update
>the value of model parameters from another application, then run the
>optimization again without having to reload the MathProg file.
>
>Considering the transp.mod example, would like to load the
>transp.mod with:
>
>param a:= Seattle 350
>          San-Diego 600;
>run the LP, then change via API the param to:
>
>param a:= Seattle 300
>          San-Diego 700;
>
>and rerun the LP for another solution...
>
>Is this currently feasible via the API?

In the current implementation this is not feasible. So, the only way is
to read the model repeatedly for different data.

Should say that changing data involves regenerating all dependent model
components, that in most cases takes much more time than the parsing of
the model section. Therefore, even if this feature would be implemented,
it would not allow significantly reducing the total translation time.