help-ferret

[help-ferret] vector plot on curvilinear grid

From: jin-song.von.storch
Subject: [help-ferret] vector plot on curvilinear grid
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 21:41:21 +0200

Hi,
I want to plot the current velocity simulated by my ocean model. The model has a curvilinear grid (i.e. the grid-spacing in the x- and y-direction is not equal for all grid cells, and furthermore the x- and y-directions are not along the lat- lon-circles).

In case you want to try out, I attached the two velocity components for a selected region covering the Gulfstream.

Many thanks in advance!
Jin-Song
(MPI for meteorology in Hamburg)