help-cgicc

RE: Cgicc with FastCGI?

From: Stephen F. Booth
Subject: RE: Cgicc with FastCGI?
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2000 16:27:46 -0500

>    Is that possible using Cgicc and Fastcgi together?  If so, how?

I've been thinking this one over, and I'm not sure that it makes sense to
try and integrate cgicc and FastCGI.  I'm not saying that the two don't work
together, but here is my reasoning:  cgicc uses a transaction-based model,
like the http protocol.  It processes/parses incoming data from the server
and presents it to the programmer in a more user-friendly form.  I looked
through the library code, and didn't really see much that I felt could be
abstracted out into one-time initialization code that FastCGI could use.
For certain CGI applications (database-driven) it makes sense to perform
one-time initialization, but I think that this is beyond the scope of the
library.  Basically all the cgicc data structures have to be created from
scratch for each request.