help-cfengine

Re: No reliable outputs in 2.1.15 ?

From: Chip Seraphine
Subject: Re: No reliable outputs in 2.1.15 ?
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 13:22:20 -0500

David Masterson wrote:

Also, you might want to
put your own custom tweaks in (for example, I always change the hard
coded default LOG_DAEMON and LOG_USER openlog calls in log.c to
LOG_LOCAL1, which cuts down on the noise in my messages file).

Isn't that controlled by Syslog and SyslogFacility?

Mostly. It does some chatty syslogging anyway, presumably for events that happen before it has parsed the SyslogFacility directive.

However, you bring up a question I had.  Does the use of Syslog mean that
CFEngine doesn't send to sysadm anymore?

Nope. Using syslog doesn't implicitly turn off anything (that I am aware of).