Errors when building from source

From: Wouter Beek
Subject: Errors when building from source
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2018 15:57:07 +0100

Dear Bison users,

I'm having trouble building recent Bison versions from source.  (I
want to use a fairly recent Bison version because of the recent
improvements for C++.)  Does anybody else encounter these problems as
well, or am I making a mistake.

These are the commands that I run:

    git clone https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/bison.git
    cd bison
    git submodule update --init
    ./bootstrap
    ./configure
    make

When I do this with the current master HEAD (commit a4ed...):

    src/scan-code-c.c:3:10: fatal error: src/scan-code.c: No such file
or directory
     #include "src/scan-code.c"

When do this on a checkout of tag v3.2.4:

    In file included from src/AnnotationList.c:23:0:
    src/AnnotationList.h:23:11: fatal error: bitsetv.h: No such file
or directory
     # include <bitsetv.h>

I'm using Ubuntu 18.04 and m4 1.4.18.

---