Re: Selective Compilation

From: Tejas Kajarekar
Subject: Re: Selective Compilation
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2011 18:13:46 -0500

Hi Martin,
If I understand your question correctly, here is a way to have multiple
scanners and parsers in the same program.

In Flex, you can use the --prefix = NEW_PREFIX. This will change the default
"yy" prefix to NEW_PREFIX, So yylex, yytext, yyout, etc., *including
yywrap()*, will change to NEW_PREFIXlex, NEW_PREFIXtext, etc. It will also
change the default output file name from lex.yy.c to lex.NEW_PREFIX.c.
Multiple flex programs can be linked together into same program.

In Bison, -p NEW_PREFIX (or --name-NEW_PREFIX) option can be used for the
same purpose. This will rename most of the yyvariables and yyfunctions to
NEW_PREFIX variables and NEW_PREFIXfunctions. yyparse will also be renamed
to NEW_PREFIXparse.

tejasSK