Re: help-bison Digest, Vol 79, Issue 4

From: Dick Dunbar
Subject: Re: help-bison Digest, Vol 79, Issue 4
Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 09:19:34 -0700

On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 9:00 AM, <address@hidden> wrote:

> From: Evan Lavelle <address@hidden>
> To: address@hidden
> Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 09:18:00 +0100
> Subject: Re: bison 2.4.1 on Msys Win7
> /usr/local/share/bison/m4sugar/m4sugar.m4
> Sanity check: presumably you know that you don't have to build on MSYS to
> get a Win32 executable? You can build on Cygwin, with MinGW. You can ignore
> MSYS completely, and the result doesn't use cygwin.dll.

I didn't know that.  And don't know how to proceed.  I have gcc installed on
cygwin;
does it need to be replaced with a MinGW distro?   Any pointers to a
discussion of this?

I like cygwin; didn't like shipping cygwin*.dll's.

After writing this blog entry, I also tripped across some code.google
projects that were also recommending Msys.

http://1n1r2.wordpress.com/2009/12/10/minimal-open-source-build-for-windows/

Thanks, Evan ... I'll resume my  research.