Re: Flex and bison howto for C++ users

From: oleg smolsky
Subject: Re: Flex and bison howto for C++ users
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 09:10:51 +1300

Hello Akim,

OS>> a  while  ago  after  googling  and bugging people on this list I
OS>> figured  out  how  to  get  bison and a C++ compiler talk to each
OS>> other.  It  turns  out that there is no documentation that covers
OS>> this process, and it is asked repeatedly on this list. So, I have
OS>> written a howto on this.
AD> This  is  an  excellent  thing.  I'm  trying  to  clean up the C++
AD> skeleton, but quite a lot remain to be done. The documentation was
AD> highly needed, and your work will be a fine source of inspiration!
thanks a lot. I wonder if it needs more explanations in regards to what
bison does, and what a gammer is.....

OS>> Please find attached howto.html that describes the following:
AD> Have  you  experimented  Flex C++ scanners? Someone reported nasty
AD> performances years ago, but it might have changed.
not yet, but it's on my ToDo list :) Actually, IMHO a C++ scanner is not a
very needed thing, as long as your flex code can access an object....

Best regards,

Oleg Smolsky
Software Design Authority
Allied Telesyn Research

notify Allied Telesyn Research Ltd immediately.
be the views of Allied Telesyn Research.