Re: [Health] Performance Tuning

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: Re: [Health] Performance Tuning
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2016 23:01:00 +0000

Dear Khurram
On Fri, 9 Dec 2016 18:18:12 +0500
Khurram Shahzad <address@hidden> wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> Our GNU Health implementation has been running for last 20 days. We
> have registered about 1500 patients, 1000 lab, radiology and IPD
> procedures and 17000 medicines.
>
> The server has four CPUs each with six cores and a 16 GB RAM running
> Ubuntu 15.10 Server.
>
> The problem we have started facing is the slow response. I don't see
> the server RAM usage going above 2.5 GB. I have set the shared_buffer
> of PostgreSQL to 6GB.
>
> What may be the possible cause behind it? How can I tune the Trytond
> process, if it require some performance tuning?
>
> Sometimes we have to wait for around 5 seconds after clicking on 'New'
> button on patients' list. Then another 4 seconds for 'create new
> party' form.
>
> Any suggestions/thoughts?

Seem you already tuned your DB buffers and other PG params.

Have you check the locale on your database system ?

The problem lies within sorting operations with different encoding.

It should be :

Encoding = "UTF8"
Collate = "C"
Ctype = "C"

Check the result you get in when typing "psql -l" command

It should be similar to this :

   Name    |  Owner   | Encoding | Collate | Ctype |
   -----------+----------+-------+---------+-------+-
   health32  | gnu    | UTF8   | C       | C       |

If you have another encoding / Collate / Ctype than the above , you can
recreate your DB using the right locale (Collate + Ctype)

Stop GNU Health / Tryton server.

$ pg_dump db_name.sql > db_name.sql
$ dropdb db_name (make sure you have a good backup !!)
$ createdb db_name --encoding=unicode --locale=C --template=template0
$ psql db_name < db_name.sql

Where db_name is the name of your database.

Restart the GNU Health / Tryton server

Let us know if this worked.

Bests

--