Re: [Health] Failing To Install Gnu Health

From: Marc Obita
Subject: Re: [Health] Failing To Install Gnu Health
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2016 09:33:06 +0300

Hellow.

I just set up gnuhealth for our company but how to we handle cash payment, credit card/visa payment and or invoice payment?

Thank you

On Tue, Sep 20, 2016 at 11:23 PM, Axel Braun <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello Marc,

Am Montag, 19. September 2016, 22:17:15 schrieb Marc Obita:
> Hellow Sir, I am a gentle from Uganda. I am IT Manager overseeing two
> hospitals branches. I have been trying to install gnu health for our
> clinics but failed. I tried to install it on almost all linux systems since
> 2015 but down the line, it fails. I admit I am new to linux. I really like
> this project to work out for us.

Installation from source can be quite tricky.....If you tried 'all Linux
systems' you may came around openSUSE.
SUSE has prebuild packages:

Add the repository, e.g. for Leap:

zypper ar -f
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/Application:/ERP:/Tryton:/3.8/openSUSE_Leap_42.1
tryton

Install GNU health and the Tryton-Frontend:

zypper install gnuhealth tryton

So far for the technical installation. Now continue with configuring the
database. Mathias has kindly exported the old Tryton wiki with the
information:

https://github.com/mbehrle/tryton/blob/wiki/InstallationonopenSUSE.md#basic-setup-of-database

HTH
Axel