[Health] Financial - No Inventory Account for Medicine

From: Khurram Shahzad
Subject: [Health] Financial - No Inventory Account for Medicine
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2016 11:14:45 +0500

Dear All,

While configuring the financial part of GNU Health, I could not find or configure the inventory account for the medicines purchased by the hospital.

In GNU Health, we configure following two accounts for every product (or product category):
1. Revenue Account
2. Expense Account

When a purchase is recorded from a supplier:
-> the Supplier's Account Payable is credited
-> the Product's Expense Account is debited.

Finally, when a product is sold to a customer:
-> the Customer's Account Receivable is debited
-> the Product's Revenue Account is credited.

This is what I have learned; is it correct?

However, normally, following accounts are configured for every product (or product category)
1. Revenue Account
2. Inventory Account

When a purchase is recorded from a supplier:
-> the Supplier's Account Payable is credited
-> the Product's Inventory Account is debited.

Finally, when a product is sold to a customer:
-> the Customer's Account Receivable is debited (with total sale amount)
-> the Product's Revenue Account is credited (with total sale amount)
-> the Product's Inventory Account is credited (with products total cost amount)
-> the cost of goods sold is debited (with products total cost amount)

Can anybody help me how can I achieve this in GNU Health.
Or is there any workaround to achieve this using current GNU Health financial module?
Or is there some other set of entries through which I can maintain the inventory and revenue for every product or product category.

Thanking you in anticipation.

Best Regards,
Khurram.

--