[Health] Patient Registration Scenario - new version GNU Health 1.3.4

From: Christoph H. Larsen
Subject: [Health] Patient Registration Scenario - new version GNU Health 1.3.4
Date: Sun, 05 Feb 2012 23:39:18 +0430

Dear Crowd,

I am sitting in a scenario, where patient registration is done by
non-clinical staff that should not have any access to medical information.
I am using the Health / Patients/ Patients facility to register new
patients, and to retrieve old once, and in order to hide any clinical
date, there are currently two ways to do so.
First, the easy way: I can define zero rights to the "Surgical
Functionality" model by adding it to the "Access Model" list, with
rights ----. In this case, the patient registration staff can only see
the tab "Surgeries", but when they click on it, it is empty. Not very
cute (ideally, the "Surgery" tab should disappear!), but easy.
Unfortunately, this does not work with those tabs that have sub-tabs,
namely "Gyneco/Obs", "Lifestyle", "Genetics" and "Socioeconomics".
Here, I have to do it the hard way, by adding all fields of the foresaid
tabs into the "Access Field" list, with zero access rights. This is not
only cumbersome, but also leaves the sub-tabs visible.
It would be terrific, if "Geneco/Obs", "Lifestyle", "Genetics" and
"Socioeconomics" could be be translated into respective models, which
can be called for, with zero access rights.
Also, is there an easy way to make those empty remaining tabs and
sub-tabs invisible?

Thanks a lot for any ideas!

Bests from Afghanistan -

Chris

--
Dr. Christoph H. Larsen
synaLinQ (Vietnam)                      synaLinQ (Kenya)