Re: [Health] Tryton Client and Windows XP

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: Re: [Health] Tryton Client and Windows XP
Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2012 16:12:55 -0300

Hi Chris

On Sun, Feb 5, 2012 at 4:00 PM, Christoph H. Larsen <address@hidden> wrote:
Dear All,

Due to - I am tempted to say: unfortunate - circumstances I am forced to
deploy GNU Health with the server sitting on a smart and shiny FreeBSD
server in a Windows XP client environment. I have spent  several days
trying to get either the stand-along Tryton client as well as the Tryton
setup.exe going, yet got unspecific errors issued BY (NOT: for!) pytz,
non-recognised timezones, etc, despite gonig through the full motions of
pythondateutl and pytz... even with stand-alone client versions. Hence,
I have decided to "reset" and ask:

Is anybody using the version 2.2.1 Tryton client in a Windows
environment, ideally Windows XP?

Thanks for sharing. I'm pretty sure somebody in the list is using Windoze as a client. I don't know about how many are using it under Windoze XP crap.

We'll help you out in finding this. In the meantime, as I told you in a previous mail, talk to them about the benefits of using a Free Operating System as for their desktops  :-)

We'll get back to you soon.

If so, how have you proceeded to make it work, including sending and
receiving requests?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks a lot from Kabul -

Chris

--
Dr. Christoph H. Larsen
synaLinQ (Vietnam)                      synaLinQ (Kenya)

--
Luis Falcon
GNU Health