gzz-dev

[Gzz] Re: [Gzz-commits] gzz gzz/client/AbstractShower.java gzz/client/F.

From: Tuomas Lukka
Subject: [Gzz] Re: [Gzz-commits] gzz gzz/client/AbstractShower.java gzz/client/F...
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 12:59:59 +0300

On Thu, Aug 29, 2002 at 11:51:58AM +0200, Benja Fallenstein wrote:
> Tuomas J. Lukka wrote
>
> >     Move createVobScene to Window, where it can even have a default
> >     argument for the dimension, removing lots
> >     of redundant code. Also javadoc a little. Some spillover to other
> >     parts; background colors
> >     should be resolved soon.
> >

> Yes, before alpha1. What's the problem with them, anyway?

After alpha1.

The point is that they need to be vobs, like everything else, so that
1) they can work the same in GL and AWT
2) that we can have an image or repeating texture as background

There's an interesting point of GL performance: if you're going
to write RGB data to every point on screen, you shouldn't clear
the RGB buffer at all, only the depth buffer. This saves time,
and e.g. Quake3 does this.

        Tuomas